Back Yourself!
Sign-up and start betting with Ladbrokes in 2 minutes!
Daily Racing Specials!
Sign-up and bet with Australia's best new bookmaker!
Back A Winner with Neds!
Sign-up and start betting with Neds in 2 minutes!
#1 New Betting App!
Join the Best New Bookie!
BANTER WITH YOUR MATES
FOLLOW PUNTERS COPY BETS!
Best Of The Best Odds!
Bet With Palmerbet and get Paid Top Fluc or Top Tote!
Imagine what you could be buying instead.
Set a deposit limit.
Search
 

Brant Dunshea, chief regulatory officer at the British Horseracing Authority, has expressed his confidence that racing will be able to resume in Britain on June 1.

Racing was last staged on March 17 and the government announced earlier this month that no professional sport, even behind closed doors, would take place before June 1 at the earliest.

The BHA on Saturday published its protocols for resuming behind closed doors at Newcastle on that date, and Dunshea said it had been recognised that racing differed in its make-up from sports such as football and rugby.

Dunshea told Racing TV’s Luck On Sunday programme: “I think what we have got to understand is that all the way through this process in our engagement with government it has been recognised that we are different to the other sports that are being referred to.

“We are largely a rural-based sport, we are an outdoor environment – both our training and racing environments are outdoor and pose lower level of risk and position us as a very different sport to football and rugby, for example.

“I’m very, very comfortable that our sport is being seen as a different sport to other contact sports by government, and I’m sure in the broader context of that comment it was focusing more on the contact sports rather than sports such as racing.

“It’s been recognised by government at a number of levels that we are different and we appreciate that, because we have been advocating all the way through that we have our own unique circumstances which shape our sport.

“What I will say is I’m incredibly confident that we will be racing on June 1. We can’t control what decisions government make, but we are incredibly confident.

“We are working hard and planning towards June 1 being our resumption date and we are all very excited about that.”

 
*Existing customers only. 2nd Racing bet. Excl SA & WA. T’s & C’s apply. Gamble responsibly.
Imagine what you could be buying instead.
Set a deposit limit.
Featured News

FREE BETS – Claim $1000’s in Bonus Bets at the TOP Betting Sites

We take a look at the BIGGEST and BEST Free Daily Racing Offers and Betting Promotions from Australia’s leading online...

Danny Nikolic faces court over Carlton break-in

Former jockey Danny Nikolic and former lawyer Patrick Lennon have appeared in Melbourne Magistrates’ Court following their arrest for an...

Group 1 winner Aegon retired

Group 1-winning gelding Aegon has been retired following an impressive five-year career on the track. Trainer and co-owner Andrew Forsman...

Champion sprinter Bella Nipotina retired from racing

Few mares have the resume of seven-year-old Bella Nipotina, who the Ciaron Maher stable have announced will not return for another...

Australia's Best Betting Sites

New Betting Sites Australia + Top List Bookmaker Apps $$$

Betting in Australia has never been more popular thanks to a large increase in new betting Agencies and Apps available...

Australian Bookmaker Reviews – Online Bookie Ratings $$

Which bookmaker should you bet with? We Review each of the leading online Australian Bookmakers and rate them in order...

Top 10 – Funniest Race Horse Names

Horse racing. Known as the ‘Sport Of Kings’, an industry worth billions, a very serious business…but to some, it’s a...

 
 
Imagine what you could be buying instead.
For free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au